Hot dipped alloy coating, composed of 55% aluminium, 43.4% zinc and 1.6% silicon.
Aluzinc is between 6 and 20 times more corrosion resistant than normal galvanised and is particularly good in salt laden, acidic and polluted atmospheres. It has excellent heat resistance and will not change appearance until beyond 315 degrees centigrade.
- Coating mass (grams per square metre) – from AZ100 (100g/m2) up to AZ200 (200g/m2)
- Protective coating – Chromate protected, chromium free and oiled, or untreated
- Surface finish – Normal surface (A) or, Improved surface (B)
- EN 10327: 2004 – Forming/Drawing quality in DX51D+AZ up to DX54D+AZ
- EN 10326: 2004 – Structural steel in grades S220GD+AZ, S280GD+AZ, S320GD+AZ, S350GD+AZ, S390GD+AZ, S450GD+AZ